We recognise the invaluable community contribution that our employees make in delivering services and their involvement in wider community activities.We wish to support them through ensuring that corporate responsibility practice is integrated into our human resources development strategy – from induction to leadership development. Promoting and supporting diversity and creating well-being are our central objectives.
Our new code of business values highlights how we expect individuals and stakeholders to respect our business values and demonstrate responsible corporate behaviour in everything that they do.
In January 2008, we launched MyWorld – part of a flexible benefits package promoting social, economic and environmental improvement. Benefits provided by the scheme include:
- Carbon footprint offsetting – employees are able to offset their
carbon footprint by using an online carbon offsetting calculator
to offset costs via payroll;
- Payroll giving scheme in which employees are able to donate
to their favourite charities in a simple and tax-efficient manner;
- Go green company car scheme – enabling employees who are
essential drivers to reduce their carbon footprint;
- Cycle2Work scheme – operated by Bikeplanet UK, an
environmentally friendly supplier which plants a tree for each
bicycle supplied; and
- Access to Community Links – designed to deliver benefits to the
local areas in which Northgate employees work, live and conduct