Achieving realisable savings, reducing inefficiencies and realising new business opportunities is an integral part of our ActNow programme. The twin pillars of our programme are service innovation for our clients and the development of our best in breed sustainable procurement practice.
Just some of our services that are helping to make a difference are:
- Conserve - advising companies on how to reduce their carbon footprint through the use of advanced technology;
- Eco-friendly pay slips – a UK first initiative;
- Energy efficiency accreditation scheme and software – used by architects,
surveyors and domestic energy assessors to calculate the energy efficiency of buildings;
- Smart metering – removing the need for meter readings and informing people about their energy use;
- E-benefits – online benefits services which simplifies benefits administration and reduces the use of paper;
- Self service systems – so local authorities do not require citizens to travel into council offices;
- Transport services – reducing unnecessary journeys though improved
management of community transport systems;
- Mobile services – reducing the need for manual form-filling and unnecessary
- Emergency services – enhanced resource allocation reduces unnecessary travel and improves efficiency when most required; and
- Carbon footprint calculator for Company expenses – helping employees check their carbon footprint and companies control theirs.
Climate change and the reduction of environmental impact are the most pressing global issues that all organisations must address now.
Every year it’s a greater challenge to do business more efficiently, whilst minimising the environmental impact and reducing costs. Northgate constantly seeks to innovate and improve its services to deliver sustainable value to its clients.